Wednesday, October 20, 2010

FYI - OU Sooners

I sat here and thought what is something I love and haven't written about?  UMMMM MY SOONERS!!!

After beating University of Iowa 52-0 we have proven ourselves to be ranked #1 in the BCS.  Those of you (mom) that don't know what BCS is, it's Bowl Championship Series.  It's the system that determines where the college football teams rank and what if any bowl they will compete.

During my attendance at OU the football team was, well lackluster.  They tried hard but just never quite got to the status of the Barry Switzer days or what they are now with Bobo Stoops.  Some of  you won't believe me but our student season football tickets were $35!  And an OU/TX ticket was another $25.  I had to suffer through the years of Gibbs, Schnelenberger and Blake. 

It's amazing I am such a football fanatic since my dad hardly watched sports when I was little and my mom thinks a false start call on the football field is "running with the ball".  Mom tells me when I was 4 we lived in Denver, CO.  We were there during the years of the Bronco's defense and their nickname the "Orange Crush".  Apparently I would put the TV on football games and say "I'm watching feetsball".  During my elementary years mom and dad had friends that were die hard Sooner fans and we would go watch every game with them.  I was hooked and decided Boomer Sooner was the way for me.

Then in third grade I became a football cheerleader. 

I was a cheerleader for nine years and I loved every minute of it.  We worked hard but really I just loved being able to be on the sidelines during the games.  Right next to all the action. 

Even while the Sooners were down, I still loved them and I always will. 

As it goes "I am Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die I will be Sooner dead!"

No comments: