Noun
From narcissism or narcism
1. an exceptional interest in or admiration for oneself, esp one's physical appearance
2. sexual satisfaction derived from contemplation of one's own physical or mental endowments
So a friend of mine was called this the other day and so I thought I would talk about it.
First it was used in the wrong context that the person intended it for. Also, that person was projecting their own issues on my friend.
Everyone is concerned with their physical appearance, so really to call someone a Narcissus isn't a cut down. I think what the person meant to call my friend was egocentric
–adjective
1. having or regarding the self or the individual as the center of all things: an egocentric philosophy that ignores social causes.
2. having little or no regard for interests, beliefs, or attitudes other than one's own; self-centered: an egocentric person; egocentric demands upon the time and patience of others.
And again actually that would be describing that person that was doing the name calling. To make it worse, this person had the nerve in all their intelligence to try to say "in case you are too dumb to know what this means it means.....". That statement in and of itself means you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Honey if you are going to take the time to write a mean letter to someone insulting them, please by all means do it correctly!
I keep telling you if someone calls you names they are talking about themselves and/or some insecurity they have. I do call people bitches, but guess what, I am a bitch so I can say it all I want. Name calling is also done when you have no other recourse. Like in an argument and someone is really right and you know in your mind you are really wrong, you just say ...."well you are fat loser". What? Please do better than that. Bring it a little stronger. You are what we call "weak sauce" at our house. You can take that BS somewhere else, we don't have time for it. Oh and don't forget the all great saying "bless their heart". Didn't you know you can talk all kinds of smack about someone and as long as you follow it up with "bless their heart" it's ok!!!! :))
Also people blame the issues/drama in their lives on others because they don't want to admit they are the driving force. They don't know how to fix it and they know deep down they are WRONG.
I guess I was really narcissistic this morning when I put on matching clothes, fixed my hair, brushed my teeth and put make up on. I am only egocentric if you are stupid, ignorant and boring to me!!! wink wink....and if you get that statement then laugh your behind off!
Now I know YOU little lady didn't understand any of this, but you are probably too busy trying to find someone else to blame your failing life on to have time to read this!!!
1 comment:
I think you lived with a narcissist too long.
Luckily I am only eccentric...but maybe that's another blog.
Post a Comment