Wednesday, September 1, 2010

FYI - "Sperm donor"

Dictionary definitions

SPERM - noun, plural
1. semen   
2. male reproductive cell; spermatozoon

DONOR - noun
1. person who gives or donates
2. medicine/medicinal, a person or animal providing blood, an organ, bone marrow cells, or other biological tissue for the transfusion or transplantation.
3. law - a person who gives property by gift, legacy, or devise, or who confers a power of appointment.

Urban Dictionary
"SPERM DONOR"
The person that gets a female pregnant but doesn't help her with the child in any way, shape or form.  In some cases they don't acknowledge the child at all.


Now that we all know the definitions of what we are talking about let's discuss this a little.  I absolutely love females that call men this name.  That sperm has become a child, an innocent child in the realm of vengeance, hate, anger and evil.  And when that sperm was given or donated (as they call it), I am pretty sure you wanted it at that time!  I know there are many men out there that don't care about their children and they continue to go around making lots of bastards, but the few of them can't be the definition of the rest of the men.  Most of the men out there do care about their children, the fact is that the mothers (incubators with the golden uterus) make being a dad to the children a living hell on earth.  They, the incubators, believe because they carried the child and birthed it that they are the "owners" of these children and by god the child is their property.  Many of them just want money, they don't want the dad to be a dad to the kids.  Guess what, there are many men out there that pay their ungodly amount of child support every month and have given up on seeing their kids whatsoever.  There are men out there that don't have money to give but they have their time and desire to be a dad, but they aren't allowed to because the family court systems are a farce and just money making machines.  It's not what is in the best interest of the child.  It is a fact that it costs money to take care of a child, however it takes a lot more.  One good thing I can say about some of the new family laws is that if both parents have the children equal time then no one is more financially responsible for the maintenance of that child.    But in adverse reaction to this is that some parents abuse this knowledge for their personal gain.   Say someone doesn't really want to spend time or take care of the child but doesn't want to pay out the ass for child support and vice versa, someone wants just the money so guess what you aren't getting joint custody with shared parenting.  

In many instances when the incubators get pregnant they believe it is something that was done to them.  What?  Did you not choose to have sex with that man?  If you used protection, I mean really did, and still got preggo then ummmm this wasn't done to you.  It takes two to tango as the saying goes.  If you aren't smart enough to know that condoms break, pulling out doesn't always work, antibiotics affect birth control pills, your cycle may be off...then you should be abstinent or have other forms of sex if you don't want to have a child.  I was told very early (by my genius, saintly mother) that if you have sex with a man, and he can produce sperm, in your vagina there is always a chance you can get pregnant, short of not having any ovaries/uterus or both.  I have been of child bearing age for about 23 years and been pregnant honestly ONE time.  When I chose to be.  It really isn't that hard to keep from getting pregnant if you don't want to be pregnant.  I have two very best friends, they have NEVER been pregnant, and they aren't abstinent either and they have been of child bearing age the same time I have been.  

This is why the Urban Dictionary definition is so comical, "person that GETS a female pregnant".  I have never understood how and why people say that about boys/men, but you hear it all the time and vice versa.  "he got her pregnant", "she got herself pregnant", really?  Now if you are a lesbian and go to the Sperm Bank and get a donation and use the baster to put the sperm inside of you, then I might could agree with "she got herself pregnant", because she did, she chose to do it.  Or like Octomom getting Invitro, well she had help but you understand what I mean.

My children's dad and I have a troubled past, key word is PAST.  However, the love and respect I have for my children outweighs anything that happened in the past. Fact is, I chose to have children with him.  He isn't a perfect dad and doesn't probably do what I would like him to do at all times, but he loves them and guess what I don't try to hinder or interfere in his and the boys' relationship what so ever.  When the boys ask me about the past or me and their dad, the response is, "all that matters is that your dad loves you and I love you boys more than anything else".  Enough said.  There are fights they remember and bad situations they remember from when we were married, but that's fine.  Not to say we don't have disagreements but nothing that needs to be troublesome for the boys.  I could hold on to resentment, anger, hate and try to "pay him back" for the past, but really, I have better and more important things to do with my time on this earth.  And I don't harbor any feelings for him, he is just the boys' dad, that's it.  Don't wish him bad, but that's the end of it.

My dad wasn't the dad I wanted him to be, but my mom NEVER EVER tried to keep him from being my dad, even though he wasn't the greatest husband to her.  I love him and he loves me.  There were times I needed him and he wasn't there, there were times he was there for me.  My mom never called him a "sperm donor", however she does still call him "your damn daddy".  It's funny though really.  He didn't pay a dime in child support and didn't help me get through college financially.  But you know what, that's ok.  Should I and my mom hate him and try to make his life miserable, no. We are better than that.  Actually dad apologized to mom many years ago, it didn't take away the past but he acknowledged it, and actually it was to make himself feel better and I hope it did.  Of course didn't make mom feel better....but she accepted the apology, I want to believe out of respect for me, her daughter, maybe not, I don't know. 

Oh and for children that disrespect their dad because you believe that your dad is satan according to your mother, you are a disgrace.  You should love both of your parents and not worry about their relationship or lack thereof.  Like I said, my dad wasn't perfect but when it came down to it, I took up for him and testified in his defense when his second psycho wife was trying to lie about him and keep his other daughters away from him.  No way.  And when that psycho called my mom trying to be her "buddy", my mom told her what she could do with herself and let's just say she NEVER contacted my mom again. 

These days it is so about "you did this to me" whaaaaaa.  F'ng grow up and move on.  It doesn't matter anymore.....so what.  The kids, yours and the other parents kids have nothing to do with your insecurities, immaturity, anger and hate.   I mean I know that you did NOTHING wrong and are a saint, and continue to be a saint and say it's about the children, but really?  Who do you think you are fooling?  Yourself and your accomplices, that's all. 

So with that said, "sperm donor" seriously?????????  Maybe you shouldn't be such a "sperm dumpster".

2 comments:

Karen Williams said...

I am so proud to be your Aunt Karen.

Anonymous said...

Haha Love you! and Steve!!